The Friends of the Greenbelt Foundation is a charitable organization and therefore funding cannot be made to individuals and for profit businesses. Funding can only be made to registered Canadian charities or other qualified donees such as, incorporated not-for-profit organizations with audited financial statements.
If you have an idea that meets our goals but your group does not qualify, please contact us. We may be able to offer support and assistance in other ways. The Foundation reserves the right to support any appropriate initiative that we deem to be relevant to our mission.
Overhead costs of up to 10% of the total requested project budget will be supported. The Foundation requires that all funding recipients submit audited financial statements before funding can be approved.
- Contract and professional service costs
- Human resource costs, including salary and benefits
- Materials and supplies
- Translation, printing, production and distribution costs
- Primary research
- Buildings and Infrastructure
- Capital Campaigns
- Deficit financing
- Establishment of new farmers markets
- Land claim disputes
- Projects occurring outside the Greater Golden Horseshoe
- Sponsorships, festivals and events
- Projects undertaken by other levels of government and government agencies